Thursday, September 6, 2012

First time blogging

I thought I'd write a blog because I have stuff to say and I always thought I'd be a writer...well that and an attorney and a judge...  its all random stuff just whatever comes to me


The past few days have been incredibly stressful.  I have a dog named Diamond who I've had for about seven years.  I adopted Diamond in Clearwater, Florida when I lived there.  Anyway, a few months ago I went on vacation and left Diamond with a friend.  When I got back she had a cough.  I thought maybe she had inhaled some fur or something because my friend has a German Shephard which according to my brother who has always had German Shephards, they are fur factories.  The cough persisted and then one day I was giving her hugs and she coughed a bloody snot on my sweater (I got rid of it after that-the sweater, not the dog).  Now that concerned me.  I gave it time, a few more months then when it became clear that the cough wasn't going away I brought her to the vet.  The vet took xrays which showed a mass on her lungs.  They prescribed a bunch of meds but the cough didn't go away.  We then sent the xrays to a radiologist who said that it looked like the mass was getting bigger.  So I went to a surgeon in SF and she suggested surgery.  I asked my friend to come with me, the one who watches Diamond when I go on vacation, because when the doctors say words like "tumor" or "cancer" I don't hear anything else.  So my friend was going to be my ears and listen and ask questions I don't think of.  She happily agreed. 

So the very next day we delivered Diamond to the surgeon who said that she'd walk out of there the next day.  I was scared shitless.  I need my baby.  We call this dog the Million Dollar Dog because over the years she has gone through windows, was allergic to food and grass and air, I had to put her in daycare for an entire year at 100 a week! I've paid for Rekki, a doggie psychologist, cooked her food from scratch, bought her prescription food, I mean she was on sale when i bought her at the humane society but that was the last break I got.  Anyways, whenever a doctor says you'll "walk" within any specific time, don't believe it.  she was supposed to walk out the next day.  did she? no.  like 6 days later! but finally I have her home and she's doing well although being a bit of a wuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment