Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Loss

The past few days have been a whirlwind.

I have a friend named Susan who has been there for me and diamond since the beginning. When diamond couldn't stay home alone, Susan took her in. When I has surgery, Susan walked her for me. If I needed a $20 to make it to payday, Susan was there for me. We'd talk and talk and laugh and share tons of stories and just...we were friends. I saw her almost every weekend and spoke with her several times a week. I loved this wacky woman.

Right when we first met about 6 years ago she took her blind brother in to live with her in her one bedroom apartment. He was in no way handicapped. He is an accomplished scientist. An accomplished scientist who lay down in her bed for Literally YEARS. He practically rotted in that bed. When he had manic episodes he would be violent and abusive.

This went on for years and years. Just last week he went manic again and she had to throw him out. He went to LA and began calling her constantly. Harassing her, threatening her, stressing her out until finally she lay down and never woke up again.

This was my friend. One of my closest friends and bestest. A friend who knows stuff about me that no one else knows.

I miss her so much. I'm so sad she died like she did - alone. I hope she is finally at peace.

Diamond and I love you my friend, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment