Thursday, January 10, 2013

Unfair

I work at a gigantic company in California.  I have been here for about 4 years.  I have been looking for another job for about 4 years because I hate working at a huge conglomerate.  For the past 203 months, I have been interviewing for a position with a different group at my company.  I've had a phone interview with 7 or 8 people that lasted like an hour and a half, then I had an in-person interview with 3 team members for another hour and a half.  Then more than a month goes by and I receive an email asking for another meeting.  I asked them what it would be regarding so I am prepared and was told they'd like to discuss salary.  I am excited thinking they are going to make an offer soon if we are discussing salary.


But no.  What they wanted to notify me of is the company policy that states that if you take a job within the company you have make a lateral move and wait until review time to have your salary adjusted.  Review time is 9 months away!!  I was so disappointed!  I could not believe what I was hearing!  It takes months and months just to get ramped up in this company, so what he is telling me is that my experience working here and doing  this a similar job for the past 4 years, means nothing.  That he would bring someone in off the street at a higher rate and that I would make less than the bottom of the pay range???  And in 9 months there is no guarantee that I will get ANY increase at all???

How about fuck you?

No comments:

Post a Comment