Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New(ish) Gig



I started a new job with my same company this week. Today is day two…

I was not excited at all.  You know how you get excited/nervous before starting a new job?  Well none of that--in fact quite the opposite.  Last week I had nightmares, one where I was mugged in a dark alley and I was so frightened I couldn’t scream, and another where someone was trying to take Diamond from me and I said “over my dead body!” and there ya go, I was killed.  What do YOU think that means?  I have a pretty good idea…I already blogged about the clusterfuck it was getting this role.

But as I said, today is day two and I had to book a trip to meet the team.  I was told that the weather in Montana will be nice but to dress for a blizzard because apparently they form within minutes.  Great.  I live in California, I have no “blizzard wear”.

Anyway, the job is new in that they use different acronyms and terms for basically the same thing I did in my last role.  As my new manager was describing it to me I was finishing her sentences.  She seemed to like the fact that I am familiar with not only what they expect of the person in the role, but of the company’s many hoops.

Day two and still not excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment